3.26.2006

Follow Ups

Tonight finds me in an 'update' mood, so update I shall. God bless the bottle of wine working its way through my veins.

My dogs are barking...



About that pair of Rod Lavers... Good news. I'm finding them more comfortable as I go. Either that or I really like the way they look, and I'm learning to enjoy the pain. Stranger things have been known to happen.

And they're really good for hacky-sack.

...

Shut up.

Ow, my feet.

Abracadabra



My computer now changes its wallpaper to match the day or night. How awesome is that? Well, kind of dorky, but I don't care. I like it. It took a lot of trial and error to arrive at a working answer, but I learned a good number of things about cron and shell scripts in the process.

It's always fun when you get to type out crap like:
CURRENTDESKTOP=`/opt/kde/bin/dcop --user spectre7 kdesktop KBackgroundIface currentWallpaper 1`

Well, I think it's fun.

Didn't I already tell you to shut up?

On that note, I'm considering writing a guide to getting started with Linux. It seems like the type of thing that would have a pretty good market... I mean, frustration with Microsoft is at an all-time high, even with non-techies. Of course, this project will have to take a back seat to finishing my pants-igniting fantasy novel...

On Writer's Block



Yep... I still haven't cured myself of that affliction just yet. Extended bouts of writer's block usually stem from story problems in my experience. If you're not particularly happy with where you are in the story, it's damn hard to proceed. Makes some kind of sense, doesn't it?

I intend to cure this writer's block with...... Hell, I'm not sure. Something. I will finish this god damned book before I'm 26. That much is for sure. How's that for a cure?

Seu Jorge



I'm currently listening to Seu Jorge who was responsible for most of the music in The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. I can hartily recommend them both. How can I describe the music? It's a Brazilian fellow performing a bunchy-load of Ziggy Stardust songs in portuguese with an acoustic guitar. What doesn't sound awesome about that? And the movie? Imagine a run-down, American Jacques Cousteau hunting down a striped shark that ate his friend. What does this all add up to? A lot of entertainment, and me over-using question marks.

Deal.

????????????????????????????????????????

That's all for tonight. Keep it on ice, hep kats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home